Data Backups

linuxforrealpeople martin-porter at beeb.net
Sat Apr 21 13:27:15 EDT 2007

My apologies if this question has already been asked, albeit from a different
angle. I am trying to work out what files I should backup to preserve my
data. I seem to have a GZIP Archive file, sundry application logs and varous
GnuCash spreadsheets.
Am I right in thinking the GZIP Archive is the one to backup.
I presume that the application logs can be deleted. Why are they kept? Is it
so you can roll forward from an old data file.

Many Thanks in advance.