Windows: Process Starts But No Window Appears

Tom Purl tom at tompurl.com
Sat Apr 21 14:39:21 EDT 2007

On Sat, April 21, 2007 3:58 am, Andreas Köhler wrote:
> have you tried to move away $(HOME)/.gconf and .gconfd?
> HOME is either
> * c:\Documents and Settings\$user, for the .bat
> * $MSYS_DIR/home/$user, for the script

I just tried that and it didn't make a difference.

I found the "GConf/ORBit COMM_FAILURE" section of the Windows page on
the GnuCash wiki today.  It states that some orbit-related problems can
be solved by installing a special version of Orbit.  I therefore tried
upgrading Orbit and Gconf to the latest stable versions, but that also
didn't seem to help.

Thanks again to everyone for all of the help.  I'm at a lost for the
next troubleshooting step, however.

Tom Purl