stock adjustments

Steve Kelem steve at kelem.net
Sun Apr 22 01:45:30 EDT 2007

The problem is that for ING Retirement accounts, the # shares in transactions don't add up to the amount
in their summary lines.  One of the ING reps said it's because internally they compute # shares to 6 decimal points, but tell their customers about only 3 of those decimals, so the numbers "may not add up."  For example, the sum of # shares in transactions comes to 73.003 shares, but the ING summary shows 73.000 or 73.006 shares.

So that I can reconcile my Gnucash representation of this account, I need to add dummy transactions.
My question is "What's the best form for this dummy transaction?"

Thanks,
Steve