How my stocks did today

Cam Ellison cam at ellisonpsychology.ca
Tue Apr 24 12:54:52 EDT 2007

Sébastien Monnet wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like this kind of feature also...
>
> -seb
> Le 24 avr. 07 à 18:12, gnucash at weill.org a écrit :
>
>> I'm a recent switcher from Quicken to GNUcash, using version 1.8.1 on
>> Mac OS X.  One of the features I liked in Quicken was the ability
>> to see
>> one-day changes in stocks, or to see other short-term reports (this
>> week, this month, this quarter).  The Advanced Portfolio view shows me
>> how my stocks have done on the whole, but I'd like to see more
>> granularity.  Is there a way to see what my gains are on a given day?

Use the Price Editor function under Tools: at the end of the trading day
click on Get Quotes.  When you want to track progress, use the Price
Scatterplot under Reports:Assets & Liabilities, and set the Options for
the stock, selecting the Price Database and the stock name in the Price tab.

HTH

Cam

--
Cam Ellison, Ph.D. R.Psych. #1417