startup mess

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Wed Apr 25 04:55:05 EDT 2007

This is entirely my own fault.
I was short of hard drive space for the root partition and deleted the
contents of /tmp

now I can't start gnucash
this is a sample of the repetitive message
/tmp/gconfd-liz does exist

Failed to access configuration source(s): Failed to contact configuration
server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking
for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See
http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1: IOR
file '/tmp/gconfd-liz/lock/ior' not opened successfully, no gconfd located:
No such file or directory 2: IOR file '/tmp/gconfd-liz/lock/ior' not opened
successfully, no gconfd located: No such file or directory)

i have had a druid come up and offer me two ways to soilve this, tried both
and nothing has happened ant different.
i've re-emerged gnucash with no improvement

--
QOTD:
	"I thought I saw a unicorn on the way over, but it was just a