No online quotes -- missing Perl module

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Thu Apr 26 09:26:19 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 07:25 -0400, Donald Allen wrote:
> On a new (pure) 64-bit Gentoo system, I have Gnucash 2.0.5 installed.
> gnc-fq-update lives in /usr/bin. I've cd'ed to /usr/bin and run
> gnc-fq-update as root, several times by now. The last time I ran it, I
> asked it to do the tests and it said they passed (though several
> subtests were skipped). But the bottom line is that if I attempt to
> obtain quotes, I'm greeted with:
>
> gnc-fq-dump yahoo IBM
> /usr/bin/gnc-fq-dump cannot find all the Perl modules needed to run.
> You need to install the following Perl modules:
>   Date::Manip
> Use your system's package manager to install them,
> or run 'gnc-fq-update' as root.

Did you emerge gnucash with the 'quotes' use flag?

phoenix ~ # dep -l =gnucash-2.0.5
app-office/gnucash-2.0.5:
  [...]
    quotes?         dev-perl/DateManip       dev-perl/DateManip-5.44
    quotes?         >=dev-perl/Finance-Quote-1.11 dev-perl/Finance-Quote-1.11
    quotes?         dev-perl/HTML-TableExtract dev-perl/HTML-TableExtract-2.10

Doing so will ensure that the requisite modules – Date::Manip in
particular, here – are installed.  And using your distro's package
manager is better than installing them manually (or via gnc-fq-update),
anyways.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled;b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}