Fwd: Mortgage Questions -- Escrow handling

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Sat Apr 28 11:56:51 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-04-26 at 21:46 -0500, Tommy Trussell wrote:
> I've dug around for a formula that would help me with this, but I
> haven't found one yet... I copied what the druid set up and (as you
> said) it doesn't have a way to manage the additional principal. The
> formulas don't look at the ACTUAL remaining amount in the loan, just
> the original amount.

Yes, that's what I said. The mortgage druid cannot handle over-payment.

Without a good way to get the dated value of an account, it cannot be
computed.

There is internal API to get the value of an account as of a specific
date.  It does not handle the case where multiple SXes are being
instantiated at once.

Also, the template transaction editor formula cells aren't well-suited
to entering formula/functions which include either Accounts or Dates;
<http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/SoC2007#Enhanced_Expression_Parser>.

> The Mortgage and Loan Repayment druid set up the following based on
> the information about my mortgage. The $330 and $804 are the annual
> amounts paid out of escrow. $100,000 is the original amount of the
> loan. 0.05625 is the interest. 360 is the term of the loan.
>
> TWO transactions (I'd prefer one) within the single scheduled item:

I believe they're two SXes because they might occur on different
dates/frequencies.  It would be a nice enhancement to (optionally)
combine them into a single SX and a single transaction if they occur at
the same time.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled;b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}