Install

shirish shirishag75 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 12:54:16 EDT 2007

> Message: 9
> Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 14:46:10 +0100
> From: "Maf. King" <maf at chilwell.net>
> Subject: Re: Install
> To: gnucash-user at gnucash.org
> Cc: Abraham Brown <abraham.brown at gmail.com>
>
> On Thursday 02 Aug 2007, Abraham F. Brown, Jr. wrote:
> > http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Setting_up_OFXDirectConnect_in_GnuCash_2
> >
> > It says: "You must have Libofx 0.8.2 or higher and AqBanking 2.0.0 or
> > higher to user OFXDirectConnect in Gnucash"
> >
> > I can't find them as applications avail to install.
> >
> > Also, I don't have a "From the GnuCash main window, choose the menu item:
> > Tools>HBCI Setup...":
> >
> > All that is under tools is: Price Editor, Security Editor, Finanical
> > Calculator, General Ledger.
> >
> > Also, Tutorial and Concepts Guide and Contents under the Help menu do not
> > work. When Clicked they do not open.
> >

> Hi, can't really help with the OFX stuff, as I don't use it, but I know that
> on SuSE there are separate packages available for AqBanking and libOFX.
> There will be similar package for Ubuntu, but I can't help with where you
> might find sources to compile yourself...  I _do_ know, however, that if
> gnucash can't find libofx while it is compiling, then various menu items to
> do with downloads are hidden.  You may well need to recompile GC once the
> online access libs are available to the system.
>
> Also the Docs are packaged as a separate rpm for SuSE, they may well be a
> separate tarball download too.  (gnucash-docs, iirc)
>
> HTH,
> Maf.
>
> > Again, I thank you for your help.
> >
> > Abe
> >

> ------------------------------

Hi all,
        Abe dunno about in fiesty but in gutsy both the
packages/libraries are available.

shirish at Mugglewille:~$ aptitude search libOFX
p   libofx-dev                                       - development
package for libofx2c2a
v   libofx2                                          -
i A libofx3                                          - library to
support Open Financial Exchange
p   libofx3-dbgsym                                   - debug symbols
for package libofx3
shirish at Mugglewille:~$ aptitude search AqBanking
p   aqbanking-tool                                   - basic command
line homebanking utility
p   aqbanking-tool-dbgsym                            - debug symbols
for package aqbanking-tool
p   aqbanking16-qt-wizard                            - setup tool for
AqBanking
p   aqbanking16-qt-wizard-dbgsym                     - debug symbols
for package aqbanking16-qt-wizard
v   libaqbanking-backend                             -
p   libaqbanking-data                                - configuration
files for libaqbanking
v   libaqbanking-dev                                 -
p   libaqbanking-doc                                 - library for
online banking applications
v   libaqbanking-plugins-libgwenhywfar               -
p   libaqbanking-plugins-libgwenhywfar38             - library for
online banking applications plugins to libgwenh
p   libaqbanking-plugins-libgwenhywfar38-dbgsym      - debug symbols
for package libaqbanking-plugins-libgwenhywfa
p   libaqbanking16                                   - library for
online banking applications
p   libaqbanking16-dbgsym                            - debug symbols
for package libaqbanking16
p   libaqbanking16-dev                               - library for
online banking applications

shirish at Mugglewille:~$ aptitude search hbci
p   libaqhbci10                                      - library for
HBCI online banking

Please de-reference all the references to Mugglewille & the dbgsym stuff :)

If you have universe enabled then these three should be there unless
they haven't been backported to fiesty. First see locally after doing
an apt-get or aptitude update & search for it. if they are not then
look at launchpad as it will tell all .

Cheers!
--
          Shirish Agarwal

065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17