Trial Balance Report doesn't add up correctly

Tom Roeschen tomroeschen at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 3 16:58:03 EDT 2007

I've done some further investigation with regards to the trial balance being
out of balance. I've entered the transactions in a separate file to drill
down on the problem and make it easier to troubleshoot. My trial balance
shows the following:
                                  dr                 cr
Checking Account    47,890.00
Verasun [Stock]        2,600.00
Capital gains                                   300.00
Commission                   10.00
Opening Balance                          50,000.00
Unrealized Gains

Totals                    50,500.00       50,650.00

The credit column shows a total of 50,650.00 but only displays credits of
50,300.00.
The actual unrealized gains are 200.00 yet none appear.
Even if the unrealized gains of 200.00 did appear the balance would still be
off by 150.00.

I've attached the actual GnuCash file so that you can load it to take a look
at it.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p11990708/gnutest gnutest