Giving money back to a customers and automating invoice descript & price.

75volvo at comcast.net 75volvo at comcast.net
Thu Aug 9 11:49:33 EDT 2007

From: Cam Ellison <cam at ellisonpsychology.ca>
> 75volvo at comcast.net wrote:
>
> >> Right, choose "Liabilities:Sales Tax", not "Liabilities"
> > This would make absolute sense if this was an available option however no
> "sub-accounts" to "liabilities" show up.  So the question really is how to make
> this choice an available option.
>
> I think creating it would solve that problem.  That is, highlight
> "Liabilities", select File->New Account from the pulldown menu, and name
> it what you want.
>
> Cam

This is the correct method of creating the account from the accounts "tab/page" and the account exists.  It does not show up as an available choice when creating an invoice.
When creating the invoice one must choose an income account to debit.
When you create a new income sub-account it will show in the pull down menu as a choice but this does not seem to be true when creating a liabilities sub-account.
Natively the sub-account "liabilities:credit card" exists as a choice but not for my "new account" sales tax.  I can of course transfer the funds to the liabilities account but this does not seem near as much fun.

James Scott
Jungle Jim's
A Window Cleaning Service
Shoreline Washington