since last run druid won't let me enter/edit scheduled transactions

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Sat Aug 11 18:14:36 EDT 2007

Mark Cochran <zangbot at charter.net> writes:
> Since Last Run druid shows me correct reminders for upcoming
> transactions, but won't let me enter them in advance.  Also,
> transactions due "today", and listed as to-create, just get created, the
> druid doesn't take me to an edit/review screen first.  The Documentation
> refers to "Back", "Forward", "Finish" buttons on the druid - I only see
> "Cancel" and "OK"
> Been using this for years without a problem, no changes to Scheduled
> Transactions configuration.  I upgrade software when available from
> Fedora repositories using yum.

You didn't change anything, but in 2.2 the Scheduled Transactions
implementation and UI received an overhaul.

In particular, "Since Last Run" is no longer a multi-screen Druid, but a
single dialog.  The second column,which indicates that the transaction is a
"Reminder", when clicked on, will become a control allowing you to change the
state from Reminder to To-Create (or Postponed, if you like).

As well, there is no "review" page; this was problematic, as the
straightforward way to do this was to actually *create* the transactions
before the Druid was finished, and just use the normal register.  But then,
if you started the Since Last Run process and canceled it, the file would
show up as modified (since all sorts of state is dirtied when transactions
are created).  As well, the "register embedded in a dialog" thing was always
a little weird.  I've replaced it with the "Review created transactions"
checkbox in the bottom right corner of the new Since Last Run dialog.  It
will show a register of the transactions that were just created.

The documentation does need an update; patches welcome! :)

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}