Adjusting "Type" in AP transaction locks transaction

Duane Evenson duane-maillists at shaw.ca
Sun Aug 12 12:22:08 EDT 2007

If I change the "type" in a transaction in the Accounts Payable window
to "I" (Invoice), the transaction becomes uneditable. I can't change
anything in the transaction thereafter, either from the AP account
window or from the corresponding other account windows. I can't even
change the type to "P" (Payment) to fix this. If the type is "P", I can
edit the transaction.

I'm running 2.0.0 (gnucash-2.0.0-1.fc5).

The only workaround I've found is to duplicate the transaction, delete
the original, edit the new transaction and only then change the
transaction type setting. (I'd mistakenly locked a number of payments as
"I" when first setting this feature).

I know the first thing some will say is upgrade to a newer version, but
this version is stable, does everything like I want it -- until now.
Besides, if this is a feature and not a bug, I'll encounter it in later
versions. My first bet is on human (my) error and some friendly
instruction is the easiest fix.

TIA