OFX problem, windows GNUCash, only one action allowed

Doug doug_mail at HotPOP.com
Mon Aug 13 14:28:29 EDT 2007

I'm trying to test out GNUCash for windows and decided to try out the
online banking part since that is the most important to me.

GnuCash 2.2.0
Windows 2000

It looks like I can only do one online banking operation then I must
quit GnuCash and start it again.

When setting up accounts and downloading account lists I had to do this:
Request account list, accept SSL certificate
restart GnuCash
Request account list, get account list
restart GnuCash
Get Balance
restart GnuCash
Get Transactions
restart GnuCash

If I don't restart I get:
Get Transactions
   Error executing backend's queue. What shall we do? [Continue] [Abort]

Any idea what might be wrong or how to troubleshoot?

Thanks,

Doug