Help getting OFX info for Suntrust

G. Paul Ziemba pz-gnucash-user at treehouse.napa.ca.us
Mon Aug 13 20:21:51 EDT 2007

bpracht at nc.rr.com (Ben Pracht) writes:
>Still, I don't know what's meant by Bank Code, SWIFT Code, Bank ID,
>Customer ID vs User ID, and

>under OFX options:
>FID, ORG, Broker ID, or what there server URL should be.  I'm confident
>that the people at Suntrust who would know what these things should be,
>aren't easy to reach.

Have you looked at:

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Setting_up_OFXDirectConnect_in_GnuCash_2

There are several approaches referenced on that page:

    1. Finding it with Quicken
        Run a trial version of quicken, connect to your bank, and
        read the parameters out of the connection trace log. It's
        a bit cumbersome to set up, but they seem to have a pretty
        complete database.

    2. There are parameters for a few (12?) banks listed on
        http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/OFX_Direct_Connect_Bank_Settings

    3. The jongsma script procedure as listed on the wiki page
        of item 2 above. This only downloaded a small subset of the
        information for me; you might have better results. I didn't
        spend time investigating/debugging the scripts.

--
G. Paul Ziemba
FreeBSD unix: