New user - Inventory tracking functionality?

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Thu Aug 16 18:38:58 EDT 2007

At Thu, 16 Aug 2007 18:06:44 -0400 Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> Quoting Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com>:
>
> > sauron.deepsoft.com% rpm -q gtk2
> > gtk2-2.4.13-22
> >

> >> First, I'd see if you can get the current trunk building on your
> >> system.
> >
> > OK, I guess I can try that...
>
> Unfortunately you wont be able to.   We require newer GTK than that.
> I'd recommend vmware-server and FC7 ;)

Why should I bother with vmware-server (what does it buy me)?  I could
just as easily install FC7 (or CentOS 5) as a second O/S (I would need
to scrounge disk space for its root and /usr file systems).  Actually,
I could probably (re-)partition my 'build box', which has a large
mostly empty drive on it.

--
Robert Heller             -- Get the Deepwoods Software FireFox Toolbar!
Deepwoods Software        -- Linux Installation and Administration