utilization of standards

Maciej Gawinecki mgawinecki at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 04:31:02 EDT 2007

Let me put how I understand your statement.

Using OFX standard by banks is not only the question of introducing
external interface for bank's clients (and their application), but also
adapting their internal solution to work in regard to OFX. Am I right ?

But Intuit with their Quicken prefers to sell solutions based on their
own standards, like QIF or QFX, even to bank manager, to gain role of
monopolist on this market. Is it correct understanding ?

So why the newest Quicken handle with OFX standard ?

BTW, does bank usually prefer to buy off-the-shelf products, like
mechanism for managing accounts, rather then designing and implementing
their own solutions ?

Regards,

Maciej