Need some help with setting up GNUcash

mitch mitch at menkom.com
Tue Aug 21 02:51:40 EDT 2007

Hi there,

im looking at using this open source program for my daily dealings on
ebay and other auction sites.

basically what im looking at doing is the following in point form

- sell products on ebay and be able to enter payment details into
gnucash and record payment, both in paypal and bank transfer
- enter customer details with contact details
- enter product details, does not have to be do inventory stock control,
but if i can add new products with cost prices and sell prices that
would be great
- generate different reports on profit loss and which products sell the best

So this is a basic scenario, a customer by the name of jim will buy
something on ebay and make payment into my paypal account, i then
organise shipping and send the product out.

What i would like to do in the program is, enter the new client or look
up existing client, enter a new invoice or look up an existing invoice
put the product information and the quantity and also how much the
product cost me and how much i sold the product for. i get generated an
invoice number and i will then notify the customer the invoice number
and the process for delivery, if the payment is by paypal this is
instantaneous if its by direct deposit it can take a few days so some
invoices may sit there for a few days whilst waiting for cleared
payments. Then i would like to also be able to do reporting on how much
profit i generated on each product if possible and also which products
sell the best.

hope im not asking for too much. but if anyone could help me out on
starting this that would be great i can be contacted on msn also if you
decide that is a better option..

thanks and i hope someone can help otherwise id have to resort to an
excell file  :(

--

Mitch