Success installing Windows v2.2.1; first impressions (and some bugs), online banking

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Tue Aug 21 12:24:17 EDT 2007

"doug_mail at hotpop.com" <doug_mail at hotpop.com> writes:
> Maf. King wrote:
> - Perhaps this exists already, I haven't investigated it much yet, but a
> dashboard or several windows configured to show at startup would be very
> useful. These items come to mind to be possible to be shown.
>   Stocks, current balances for all bank/institution accounts, late,
> current, coming periodic transactions etc.

This has been an enhancement request for a while ... given the plugin page
architecture introduced in 2.0, it's relatively easy to create a new
"overview" page with such a layout.  Another approach is the existing
MultiColumn Report, which attempted to show multiple overview reports at
once.  Unfortunately, the reporting and report-rendering infrastructure isn't
really good enough to make this practical. :/

> So I hate to say this but my current plan is to buy a new version of
> Quicken to get me along for the next 8-12 months and see if I can do some
> small part to assist with improving GnuCash during that time.

Any and all constructive help is appreciated. :)

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}