Gnucash v2.2.0 failing to launch (Windows version completely broken?)

jcport67 jdcerqueira at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 24 19:59:50 EDT 2007

I have been searching for info on GnuCash on Windows Vista and found this
post.
I installed 2.2.1 and have 1 and only 1 transaction so far entered into the
application.
It is unworkably slow. Example, I can't even see what is in the reports menu
as the application just hangs.
Has anyone used GnuCash on Vista? Am I missing an important point?
What is this "Microsoft Lookback Adapter"?