gnucash 2 on a iBook G3

Ryan Thomas rthomas2003 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 23:16:07 EDT 2007

I have absolutely no luck with compiling gnucash 2 on my iBook G3
(800MHz/640MBsRAM) running OS X 10.3.9. I keep getting dependency
issues. I wanted to find out if anyone has had any success getting
gnucash working with a similar configuration.

Also, if any knows this to be impossible please keep me from futility.
I am considering either upgrading to 10.4.x or switching to Ubuntu so
that I can get a version of gnucash with ofx support and budgeting
running on my computer. Are either of these viable options or is my
hardware going to continue to cause issues no matter what my OS is?

Thanks for your help.

Ryan