simple expense report

Adrian Mariano adrian at mitre.org
Wed Aug 29 13:30:27 EDT 2007

I'm wondering if there is a report that can give me a list of net flow
into a selected set of accounts.

The "cashflow" report appears to be the closest match to this, but I
don't want flow in listed on a separate list from flow out, I just want
one number, the total flow in.  I took a look at cash-flow.scm and it
looks like it'll take a while to understand everything that's going on
in there, so trying to modify it to do what I want is going to be a big
job.

Did I miss some report that might be closer to what I want?  (It just
crossed my mind that maybe I'd be better off starting with the expense
bar chart or pie chart and trying to change just the output form.  I
haven't looked at those.)

I have gnucash 2.0.5 if that matters.