Compiling gnucash-2.2.1 on FC7 missing slib

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 30 07:19:32 EDT 2007

Hi,

Please remember to CC Gnucash-User on all replies....

"Graeme Nichols" <gnichols5 at gmail.com> writes:

>     Then your system is screwed up.
>
> Quite possibly, but I don't think so.

I'm glad you don't think so, but you're wrong.  Your system is
quite screwed up.  I've got Fedora 7, I've only got RPMs installed,
and I have no problem building GnuCash.

>     That's not the correct version of slib.  And there is most certainly
>     an slib available in Fedora 7.
>
> Yes, but not on the FC7 distribution DVD. And neither is usb-scheme. yum
> update slib installed slib-3a4-1.fc7, or SAID it installed it. The build still
> bombed out on slib again! See the following:
> checking for SLIB support... configure: error:

You neither want nor need usb-scheme (or umb-scheme, for that matter)
on F7.  On my system:

[warlord at pgpdev linux]$ rpm -qa | grep -i scheme
[warlord at pgpdev linux]$

> Transaction Check Error:
>   file /usr/share/info/slib.info.gz from install of slib-3a4-1.fc7 conflicts
> with file from package umb-scheme-3.2-38

Right, try removing umb-scheme and try again.   In fact, I can't even
FIND umb-scheme for Fedora 7!  Where did you find it?

[root at pgpdev warlord]# yum search umb-scheme
fedora                    100% |=========================| 2.1 kB    00:00
updates                   100% |=========================| 1.9 kB    00:00
primary.sqlite.bz2        100% |=========================| 1.4 MB    00:01
No Matches found

[snip]
> Could this be the problem? What version is your umb-scheme

See above.  I HAVE you umb-scheme.

> So Derek, where do I go from here?

Fix your system.  Remove umb-scheme, then reload slib to
the F7 3a4 version.

>     > Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
>     > You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

AND REMEMBER TO CC ALL YOUR REPLIES...