problem while opening file

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Wed Dec 5 09:13:47 EST 2007

Risto Paasila <rpaasila at bigpond.net.au> writes:
> I have a problem when I load a file.
>
> Previously I had saved some reports, but then when trying to start up
> gnucash, at loading reports, it got stuck before opening the data file.
>
> I have experienced the same thing before, and I just moved the saved
> reports like this:
> bash-3.2$ mv saved-reports-2.0 saved-reports-2.0.problem
>
> Now while loading it loads many tabs, and possibly gets to one
> particular report and then gnucash terminates.
[...]
> Please suggest what I can do to get around this issue.

It is a workaround rather than a path towards resolution, but edit
~/.gnucash/books/«data-file-base-name» to remove the sections for the open
report pages.  As well, upkeep the PageCount and PageOrder keys in the
[Window 1] section.

Note that this will eliminate those open report pages, which are presumably
the cause of the problem.  If you can narrow it down to the specific report
tab/page that's causing the problem, just removing that one should be
sufficient.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}