Printing Help file

Nathan Buchanan nbinont at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 00:00:41 EST 2007

On Dec 10, 2007 9:57 PM, L & G Bradford <lgbrad at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> I am trying to print out the Help files to make up a full manual.
>
> The text size as a direct print is far too large for a printed manual so I
> am copying and pasting into an OpenOffice document.  My problem is I can't
> find the images to insert.  They only copy as a box with a name.
> Any suggestions?

I'm assuming you're coming from Windows? I'd try to open up the tutorial and
concepts guide from the help menu, choose the top contents entry and ask for
that to be printed. It comes out rather nicely for me. (I end up with a 6
meg pdf)

If you need the raw images, they are here:
http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/gnucash-docs/trunk/guide/C/figuresthough
this approach will probably be a lot of work.

> Great looking application, I am trying to use in place of Quicken.  Of
> course Quicken does not use QIF files so I can't Import.  Looks like a
> long
> term job of re typing.

Um, you might want to take another look at that - the "Quicken Interchange
Format" still seems to be supported in quicken according to wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QIF You will have to export to that format.

Hope this helps,
Nathan - Canada ;)

> Thanks,
>  Lynton - Australia

Ever notice something?  Linux comes with compilers.  Vista comes with
Solitaire.