Any interest in a "import from bank website" command?

David Barrett dbarrett at quinthar.com
Wed Dec 12 11:22:48 EST 2007

Hi there, are you interested in an importer that downloads your transaction
data straight from your banking website?

Basically, I'm considering building a feature into GnuCash that'd work like
this:

You'll be prompted for your bank's domain name, as well as the name/password
you use to log on to your banking website, and it'll download all the
accounts it can find and import them into GnuCash -- behaving just as if you
had manually imported an OXF file containing all your accounts and
transactions.

To see what I mean, I've got a basic web-based interface up at:

	http://expensify.com

The importer would simply provide an interface to this via a new "File ::
Import" command.

If I build this, will you use it?

Thanks!

-david