Any interest in a "import from bank website" command?

Greg Troxel gdt at ir.bbn.com
Wed Dec 12 20:10:41 EST 2007

  To see what I mean, I've got a basic web-based interface up at:

          http://expensify.com

  The importer would simply provide an interface to this via a new "File ::
  Import" command.

  If I build this, will you use it?

At this point, I'd say the burden is on you to prove you aren't a
phisher.  I don't think that's the case, but that sure seems to have a
non-trivial likelihood.

If not, then I'd still have to question your judgement about security
and wonder if you're making reasonable decisions in the code --- asking
people to enter banking data on your website is simply beyond crazy.
Plus the SSL certificate is misconfigured.

If you'd like to offer code that others can run to do the screen
scraping, that would probably be well received.