What's your favorite year end method?

John Griessen john_g at cibolo.com
Sun Dec 16 15:31:24 EST 2007

Josh Sled wrote:
> John Griessen <john_g at cibolo.com> writes:
>> Is there a way to search and delete by date?
>
> Unfortunately, no.

Oh..  last year I tried to use XML tools to sift
by date and drop certain dates and it sort of kind of started to maybe work.

But it changed some things that are not straight XML standard about the gnucash file to be
  straight XML standard, and then gnucash would not touch it.

So, I used gvim and a lot of hand edits.  That worked.
It was too much work though...

Anyone know any script method of stripping out ranges of dated XML
without really modifying the gnucash file anywhere else?

John Griessen