QIF Import and accounts

Fred Bone Fred.Bone at dial.pipex.com
Mon Dec 17 08:33:24 EST 2007

On 17 Dec 2007 at 4:43, Georg Stapper said:

> Yes, I understand, but in business it is pretty common to have one
> currency for total assets and total liabilites on a balance sheet. So, I
> thought my setup was pretty straight forward.
>
> If there is no other solution then I have to do it your way anyway. It
> just surprises me a bit.

I can't think why your setup wouldn't do what you want, once you have the
data imported correctly. You do, of course, have to tell Gnucash where to
get the exchange rates for converting between "other" currencies and your
"main" one.

Anyway, you can move accounts around in the tree later on (called "re-
parenting" in these parts).