Need help with Gnucash --Steps to enable On-line price updating

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Dec 17 13:13:30 EST 2007

Hi,

sandesh rokade <sandeshr at hotmail.com> writes:

> .
>
> Hi
> I am trying to create portfolio of stocks and mutual funds in india. I guess I have set the accounts correctly as per the help, however I do not get on-line price updates. Looks like this software works for india, however I have not been able to figure it out how to do it. Any help you can provide will be appreciated.
>
> Under Type, how do I select exchange that is supported for this commodity. In this case it is NSE. Can I tweak template and use it?

Just type in something; it's a freeform entry and has no bearing
on quotes.  Instead, you need to make sure that in the security
editor you properly set up the correct quote source and supply
the correct, case-sensitive stock symbol.  That's what matters.

In terms of your Indian mutual funds, you'll need to figure out what
quote source has quotes for your funds, and the proper ID for your
funds.

Good Luck,

-derek