What's your favorite year end method?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Dec 18 09:55:31 EST 2007

"Donald Allen" <donaldcallen at gmail.com> writes:

> As I said to Andrew, I would be interested. The issue is time --
> despite my rapidly advancing years (it feels like more than one
> year/year), I'm still working full time and a hell of a lot busier
> than I ought to be. So if we can find a role for me that fits into the
> available time, and isn't a drag on the project, I'll be happy to do
> what I can.

Hey, every little bit helps.  It's possible that we could find a
few people to work on different pieces.  For example, you work
on the reports themselves while someone else works on the
reporting infrastructure and a third person works on replacing
GtkHTML with something else (GtkMozEmbed or WebKit-Gtk).

Yes, we need to come up with a good design first, but I think
Josh has some ideas about that.  In particular, I know we want
to separate out the logic from the display, so that a report can
easily be output or displayed in different ways.  In particular,
the report should not mix up the data processing and the output,
and the script itself probably should NOT output HTML directly.

> And, of course, we need to agree on a salary, bonus, and stock option
> structure :-)  (Don't bother wearing out your zero key).

We'll gladly add you to the AUTHORS file!  :)