Advanced Portfolio report (was Re: What's your favorite year end method?)

Andrew Sackville-West ajswest at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 20 01:40:26 EST 2007

On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 09:04:20PM -0800, Beth Leonard wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 08:12:36AM -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> > I think I'll start a wiki page over the holidays taking the current
> > stuff from Tutorial and Concepts and turning it into a framework for
> > how txns should be structured. Hopefully others will help fill in the
> > details to that there is a good spec to write to.
>
> I should probably note that I don't yet actually use the stock
> tracking features of GnuCash,

what's really sad is that I don't use these features either, but
managed to stumble my way into pretty much owning that report... I
can't remember what prompted it all, but I think I volunteered to add
a column to the report for someone as a way to get my feet wet... next
thing I know I've touched at least 50% of the code in that report and
it's still broken. :(

at least it's fun!