Year end reports

Terry Therneau therneau at mayo.edu
Wed Dec 26 10:51:40 EST 2007

 >I'll point out that even though 80% of GnuCash is C (and Gtk), and really
 >the only parts of GnuCash still in Scheme are the QIF Importer and Reports,
 >I think that "Scheme" is a Red Herring in terms of lack of developers.
 >There's plenty to do for a developer who doesn't know Scheme and doesn't
 >want to learn Scheme.  But people aren't chomping at the bit to send in
 >code changes.
 >
 >Personally I think that most people just don't consider a finance application
 >"Sexy".  I dont think that language has anything to do with it.
 >
 >-derek

  Thanks Derek for the answers to my questions.

  With respect to your remark above:  I take your point.  Since I don't have
anything complex in my accounts (stocks, auto bank feeds, ...) the gnucash core
works very well for me, and so my attention had been focused on the report
aspect.  I've also never been excited by the "fancy input screens" problem, so
never learned Gtk or Tcl or etc.