Linking two transactions (a transfer) after an import.

Neill Hogarth Neill at Hogarth.de
Wed Dec 26 16:35:27 EST 2007

Hello!

I am very new to Gnucash. I found the program two weeks ago and have been
playing with it since. It appears to do everything I would expect and does
it very nicely. Thank you to all those who programmed this gem.

I have downloaded ofx files from two of my accounts (actually they were
mt940 and I had to convert them but that is not relevant) and successfully
imported them in to  Gnucash via File->Import.

My problem is that a number of transactions are transfers from one account
to the other or back again. How can I link these two transactions so as to
tell Gnucash that they are actually two sides of the same transaction. The
only way I can see is to delete the transaction from one account and then
fill in the transfer manually in the other one but that seems so horrible
that there has to be a better way.

Sorry if this is answered in the documentation but two days of searching has
not helped.

And once again - Thank you!
Neill

--