Linking two transactions (a transfer) after an import.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Dec 27 16:06:18 EST 2007

Quoting Baptiste Debrabant <bdebrabant at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to create a fund transfer with two distinct value dates.
> A transfer between 2 banks generally takes a few days...

Not directly.  You could create an "in-transit" account that holds all
your funds in transit between organizations.   But then you lose the
actual binding of from and to.  Usually you just use the Cleared
reconciliation state to show that a transaction has actually made it
into an account.

-derek