printing problem

Donald Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 13:47:13 EST 2007

On Dec 28, 2007 12:55 PM, Andrew Sackville-West <ajswest at mindspring.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 12:17:06PM -0500, Donald Allen wrote:
> > On Dec 28, 2007 11:46 AM, Gerry Thompson & Susan Phillips
> > <gtandem at rogers.com> wrote:
> > > I am a new user (and loving it!) but I have a problem printing reports.
> > > When I generate a balance sheet report and try to print it the text
> > > within the columns is backwards and upside down! The columns are not
> > > reversed and the print preview is correct.
> > >
> > > Whats happening?
> >
> > I'm not a gnucash developer, and can't help you with this problem, but
> > I can anticipate what you will hear from the people that can: what
> > version of gnucash are you using and what type of system are you
> > running it on (PC? Mac? Windows? Linux? OS Version? Linux
> > distribution?). So if you provide that info now, that'll save some
> > time.
>
> I'm guessing WIndows. This problem was discussed quite a lot, though
> not beign a windows user, I only skimmed it. Check the list archives
> from about a month ago or so.

Now that you mention it, I do recall seeing chatter about this, which
I also skimmed for the same reason you did. Still, non-programmer
folks (and some programmers!) need to know that if they want help,
they need to provide some baseline information to make that help
possible, rather than have the developers try to infer it, or guess.

/Don