Scheduled transactions incompatibility

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 28 16:11:18 EST 2007

On Dec 28, 2007, at 10:30 AM, Grant wrote:

>>> I upgraded to gnucash-2.2.2 and when I select the Scheduled
>>> transactions editor, the whole app crashes.  I actually lost about
>>> an
>>> hour's worth of work this morning.  What can I do to get my gnucash
>>> file fully working with 2.2.2?
>>>
>>> - Grant
>>
>> What system are you using? Does it crash when you open the editor or
>> close it? Or are you opening the Since-Last-Run dialog?
>
> I'm on Gentoo Linux and it crashes when I try to open the Scheduled
> Transaction Editor.
>
>> I have problems on Intel Macs with 2.2.2 either closing the SX editor
>> (seg fault, bugzilla 505972) or if the SLR dialog runs automatically
>> on startup (bus error, bugzilla 505975). So far the backtraces
>> available haven't been particularly helpful.
>>
>> If you're using an intel mac, I recommend going back to 2.2.1 until
>> someone can figure this out.
>
> I get the following terminal output when it crashes:
>
> *** stack smashing detected ***: gnucash - terminated
> gnucash: stack smashing attack in function gnc_dense_cal_init -
> terminated
> Report to http://bugs.gentoo.org/
> Killed
>
> I'm using a hardened kernel with gr_security enabled.  Should I go
> ahead and report this to Gentoo or does it look like it could be a
> problem with gnucash?
>
> - Grant

I'm no authority on Gentoo, but since the error message instructed you
to file it with Gentoo, I don't see how it can hurt.

It may well be a problem with gnucash too (or instead), so file it
with bugzilla for gnucash too. It is not the same symptoms I see, so
it may not be the same problem. The SX system seems to be a little
twitchy right now, so I'm pretty sure those-who-know will be looking
at it harder in the coming days. But a bugzilla entry helps keep your
problem from getting lost in the shuffle.

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net