Gnucash access to internet when starting up

Russell Gadd rustleg at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 16:27:29 EST 2007

(From: Richard Ullger <rullger at ntlworld.com>)
Quote:
I am using Gnucash v2.2.2 r16676 on Windows XP with all updates (apart
from IE7).

Does anyone know why Gnucash tries to access the internet when starting
up. I am just setting up my personal accounts from Quicken and have not
got round to setting up the updating of stock prices, so I can't see any
need for internet access.

If I deny Gnucash access to the internet it sometimes, but not always,
gives the following error:

'An error occurred while loading or saving configuration information for
gnucash. Some of your configuration settings may not work properly.
Unquote

I am also trying to move from another app (MS Money) to Gnucash, and noticed
that it insists on accessing the internet before starting up. When I locked
the internet with ZoneAlarm (an old version) ZA said the application was
trying to send data to the internet. I would indeed like to know what
Gnucash is sending.

Russell