Accounting best practice question

John Rakestraw lists at johnrakestraw.com
Fri Feb 2 10:55:03 EST 2007

> what's the best way to accomplish this without setting up a bazillion
> accounts that all show up under my account tree for money that I don't
> want to track?

IANAA, so I'll put this out there in part so others who are can correct
me if need be -- I use an account I call "reimbursable" for things like
this. When I buy something, the transaction is between a credit card or
checking account and reimbursable. When I'm reimbursed and deposit the
check into my checking account, the transaction is between the checking
account (a deposit to the checking account) and reimbursable.
Reimbursable stays pretty close to zero, but is sometimes below zero
and other times above zero.

Occasionally I look through the reimbursable account to make sure I've
been reimbursed for all that I've spent.

--John