Accounting best practice question

Eric Ladner eric.ladner at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 14:10:45 EST 2007

Ah.. light dawns.  Since I'm not using an actual trackable transaction
when I'm getting paid back in cash (usually they are small items.. <
100 bucks), I couldn't figure out what to do with the entry.  I'll
just treat the cash like I do an ATM withdrawl that goes into the
"cash in pocket" or whatever it's called.

Thanks!

On 2/2/07, John Rakestraw <lists at johnrakestraw.com> wrote:

> > what's the best way to accomplish this without setting up a bazillion
> > accounts that all show up under my account tree for money that I don't
> > want to track?
>
> IANAA, so I'll put this out there in part so others who are can correct
> me if need be -- I use an account I call "reimbursable" for things like
> this. When I buy something, the transaction is between a credit card or
> checking account and reimbursable. When I'm reimbursed and deposit the
> check into my checking account, the transaction is between the checking
> account (a deposit to the checking account) and reimbursable.
> Reimbursable stays pretty close to zero, but is sometimes below zero
> and other times above zero.
>
> Occasionally I look through the reimbursable account to make sure I've
> been reimbursed for all that I've spent.
>
> --John

Eric Ladner