turning off auto-fill

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 10:30:50 EST 2007

On 2/9/07, Josh Sled <jsled at asynchronous.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 14:43 -0600, Terry Therneau wrote:
> >   In gnucash, the tab key does two things: move to the next field, and also
> > invokes auto-fill.  In my situation, the auto fill is wrong over 1/3 of the
> > time, and it takes far more time to erase a bad one than to type a new one,
> > especially when the old transaction was a split.
>
> I don't think there's a preference for it; there should be.  Please find
> or file an RFE at <http://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=GnuCash>
>
> I've found that using 'down arrow' doesn't trigger the auto-filling, but
> others haven't seen the same behavior.

To take this further, if there were a single keystroke that performs
the "Remove Split Transaction" function, that would be nice.
Alternatively, if you could "undo" the auto-fill (including splits)
using the standard undo keystroke, it would help, though of course it
might be more efficient to also have a special "don't auto-fill when I
tab" keystroke as Quicken does.

If anyone creates the RFE for this, please post the number to this
thread -- I would love to subscribe to it but I don't have time to
create it at the moment.