Anybody got aqbanking working on OS X?

Jeff Carneal jeff-ml at soldmy.net
Sun Feb 11 08:10:20 EST 2007

On Feb 9, 2007, at 4:31 PM, Dave Reiser wrote:

> Jeff Carneal wrote:
>>>
>>> I have a vague recollection that I tried the qt-mac variant but
>>> had to go back to the nondenominational unix version. But that
>>> was about a year ago, so it  could have been my ineptitude rather
>>> than incompatibilities with aqbanking. OTOH, I'm sure Martin
>>> Preuss isn't testing with the native mac qt3...
>> So is he/you using the straight X11 qt sources then?
>
> Yes. We both use the straight X11 qt sources. I'm pretty sure I
> successfully used the X11 version compiled outside fink for a
> while. I've switched back to the fink version since I need to be
> sure it will work anyway.

Ok, that's almost certainly the problem then.  I just installed
gnucash 2.0.4 via macports on my macbook and aqbanking works there,
but is clearly using X11 style widgets.  The one I compiled actually
pops up with all aqua elements and looks sweet but won't do anything
but sit and look pretty.

> g-wrap 1.9.7 is a very recent incarnation, and I don't believe any
> of the devels have tried it -- gnucash svn trunk uses swig instead.
> g-wrap for gnucash is definitely lame duck. By mid year it should
> be gone entirely from the dependency list. (Anything later than
> 2.0.x will have a tarball prepared using swig, but which should not
> require swig for compilation from those tarballs. Stay tuned for
> the actual testing of that assumption...)

That will be a welcome change, for sure.

I've also noticed the version from macports on my macbook is more
responsive on certain things, and I don't think it has the same
reproducible crash.  If I can't get trunk to compile I may just stick
with it until these libraries get updated in fink or macports,
because there is definitely some flakiness being introduced by them.

Thanks for your help on this.

Jeff