Using multi-currency balance -- setting exchange rate

Kahlil Johnson jzarecta at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 00:09:34 EST 2007

I am triyng to understand how the Asset expenses work. I have bank
accounts on 2 different countries, I send a wired transfer from bank in
Mexico to a bank in the US. I record the transaction as a Asset:Bank
Account: Bank in USA, label as a decresea of x ammount in MXP.

I have Bank in us as USD on currency however it shows as if the money from
MXP had the same value as USD which is completely wrong.

It might be that I dont have a currency exchange declared and is 1:1 by
default.

--
Kahlil Johnson
"Ya tengo GMAIL!!"