Time tracking in GnuCash

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 12 10:14:16 EST 2007

Des Dougan <des at DouganConsulting.com> writes:

> On Mon, 2007-02-05 at 20:39 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> On the other hand, I do believe that GnuCash should have some interface
>> in order to import invoice data from someplace like GnoTime.  I don't
>> know what that interface would (or should) look like.  At one point
>> there was an interest in using QSF to do that kind of import, but
>> that developer went away before the code was completed.  Maybe it could
>> get resurrected, or something else put into its place.
>
> Is it feasible for this to be generic and mappable? I currently use
> SugarCRM to track client engagements (using "Cases"). These are stored
> in a MySQL database, and it would be great to be able to read from the
> database to populate the invoice fields. Perhaps when the GD back-end is
> complete?

I dont think the GDA-backend will help here.  As for making it
"mapable", well, that depends on how it's done.  You could always
call it mapable by writing a conduit to convert from your source
format to the 'invoice import' format.  And then gnucash loads
that (one) format.  That would qualify as mapable, but it would
require writing different conduits for each source application.
However, personally, I think that's just fine.