Another crash

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Tue Feb 13 08:29:44 EST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 08:17 -0500, Donald Allen wrote:
> The common attribute of this problem and the previously reported one is that
> both crashes occurred after adding a new income account (I don't know if the
> fact that it was an income account is important; if I had to guess, I'd say
[...]
> I can try to get you a stack trace, as Derek suggested in connection with
> the previous crash. How would I do that? Run gnucash under gdb? My system is
> set up pretty minimally. I am not using gnome or kde (I am allergic to
> bloat), just twm set up the way I like it. I don't have "Bug Buddy" (or
> whatever that thing is called) installed.

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Stack_Trace

FWIW, if you have gnucash installed, you do have most of gnome
installed, though you might not be using the gnome desktop environment.
At that point, bug buddy should be an easy install ... but if you're
willing to run under gdb manually, it's the same thing.

Also, make sure you search bugzilla for any existing issues like the one
you describe.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled;b=asynchronous.org;echo ${a}@${b}