Working on Having Gnucash Again Run

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Feb 13 20:00:36 EST 2007

   When I upgraded to Slackware-11.0 from -10.2, gnucash quit working. I have
the Freerock Gnome installed and that did the job before the upgrade. So,
now I'm trying to install the libraries that are missing, one-by-one, until
the application again loads.

   The current sticking point is libguile-ltdl.so.1 not being on the system,
despite having Guile installed. A Google search reveals that this has been a
problem for others, and other applications, too. However, I cannot find just
where that library derives. It's apparently not in guile-1.8.0 or -1.8.1,
and I cannot find a libguile tarball or package.

   Please point me to a source for this necessary library.

Rich