Working on Having Gnucash Again Run

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Feb 13 21:12:22 EST 2007

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, Josh Sled wrote:

> Did you reinstall a binary package of g-wrap, or rebuild it from sources?

   A binary package.

> If a binary, then it reads like it was built against guile-1.6, and you're
> trying to run it on a guile-1.8 system, that's not going to work.
> "libguile.so.12" is guile-1.6; my guile-1.8 install provides
> libguile.so.17.

   Yes, I have libguile.so.17 installed here.

> Also, of course, you need to rebuild gnucash after changes to either guile
> or g-wrap, in case you're not...

   So, I need to find the source tarball for g-wrap and gnucash, then build
and re-install them in that order.

   That's for tomorrow. Now it's time to make dinner and try to relax a bit.
I'll post results after I've done the rebuilds.

Many thanks,

Rich