Working on Having Gnucash Again Run

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Feb 13 21:51:21 EST 2007

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, Josh Sled wrote:

> Or upgrade to a distro with basic package management.  :)

   Slackware has a full set of package tools, including slapt-get and swaret.
But, it does not contain Gnome.

> Every other distro has encoded all of this version- and build-order
> dependency information in their own ways.  If you want to stay close to
> the metal and compile stuff, Gentoo is awesome; it seems Fedora and Debian
> are great, too.  But Slack seems like an exercise in pain.

   Actually, it's been more stable and easier to maintian and upgrade than
Red Hat was in the 4.0-7.3 period. The only application that gives me pain
is gnucash because it's the only one I use that _requires_ gnome.

Rich