Font size on reports

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 18:40:25 EST 2007

On 2/14/07, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
> "Eric Ladner" <eric.ladner at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Where's the code that spits out the HTML.  I'll take a look at it.
>
> src/report/report-system/
>
> It's mostly in Scheme.
>
> > Writing a CSS UI -> file thingie is over my head, though.  It's got a
> > billion options and you'd only get the simple stuff in a UI.  I was
> > thinking more like people could come up with "themes" and users could
> > download and install the theme CSS and select it for a different look.
> >  Any UI work would probably only be on the level of changing font
> > sizes, types and colors of typical data, nothing fancy.
>
> That's okay.  We can't use CSS right now because GtkHTML doesn't
> support it.
>
> Right now the current running theory is that we need the HTML generator
> to output appropriate <font> tags.

How about this idea -- Go ahead and add the code that generates
reports using cool CSS and whatever (I presume GtkHTML will not choke
on CSS but degrade as it should) HOWEVER add a button that will launch
your favorite browser pointing to the generated HTML.

I haven't dug into scheme yet -- could it spit out a file in /tmp or
somewhere and launch a browser pointing at it?