Building -2.0.4: Configuration Error

Mark Johnson mrj001 at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 14 23:04:51 EST 2007

Rich Shepard wrote:

>   I wrote too soon earlier today. Gnucash came up part way, then froze.
>
>   I cannot use either of the two versions for which I have Slackware
>packages (-2.0.1 or -2.0.4). The reported error when either is invoked is:
>
>gnucash-bin: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/./libgnome-2.so.0: undefined
>symbol: bonobo_activation_get_goption_group

 From the libbonobo Changelog:
2005-09-29  Christian Persch  <chpe at cvs.gnome.org>

        * configure.in: Bump version to 2.13.0, and require glib 2.8.0.
        * bonobo-activation/bonobo-activation-init.c:
        (bonobo_activation_get_goption_group):
        * bonobo-activation/bonobo-activation-init.h: Add
        bonobo_activation_get_goption_group() for use by the GOption
        argument parsing in libgnome.
        Patch by Pawel Sliwowski <open.list at gmail.com>, bug #307312.

Is your libbonobo version at least 2.13?

Mark