Building -2.0.4: Configuration Error

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 14 23:03:50 EST 2007

Quoting Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>:

> On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>> I think we need to see more of the error...
>
> Derek,
>
>   Yes. I believe the real issues start at line 1520. I've attached a gzipped
> config.log.

Here's the relevant error:

configure:25969: checking g-wrap-wct.h presence
configure:25984: gcc -E  -pthread -std=gnu99   conftest.c
In file included from /usr/include/g-wrap/ffi-support.h:24,
                 from /usr/include/g-wrap/core-runtime.h:23,
                 from /usr/include/g-wrap/guile-wct.h:23,
                 from /usr/include/g-wrap-wct.h:3,
                 from conftest.c:69:
/usr/include/ffi.h:63:23: ffitarget.h: No such file or directory

You should send this to your distribution -- there's a packaging
error where g-wrap-devel isn't depending on the libffi development
package.  You're missing ffi.